If you’re wondering what to make for dinner tonight I have your answer. I call this salad the “Evergreen Citrus Salad with Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette.”
I’m not kidding when I say this is truly one of the best salads I have ever had. I serve it as dinner with grilled chicken or fish or it makes the perfect light lunch all by itself. My husband and kids loved it. It’s hearty, filling, and flavorful. It’s the perfect combination of sweet and savory and can be served year-round. I have also brought this salad to family gatherings and it has been a crowd pleaser!
This will definitely be a reoccurring meal in our household. I hope you’re all having an amazing week and if you try this salad let me know what you think!
Evergreen Citrus Salad with Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette
– 1 bag mixed spring greens
– 1 cup cooked black or wild rice [depending on your preference]
– 4 oz. honey goat cheese, crumbled
– 1/2 cup crispy onions
– 1/2 cup orange-flavored cranberries
– 1/2 cup candied walnuts or pecans [depending on your preference], chopped
Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette Ingredients
– 2 large navel orange, zested and juiced
– 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
– 1/4 cup honey
– 1 clove garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon ground pepper
– 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Make sure you wash and dry your lettuce well. Next, assemble your salad on a large plater and I like to group the ingredients together in lines. Line all the ingredients on top of the lettuce and then if you’d like you can sprinkle with some freshly ground pepper.
2. For the dressing, combine orange zest, orange juice, balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, salt, and pepper into a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth. While the food processor is running slowly add the olive oil to the top of the food processor in a steady stream until the whole mixture is combined. Serve on the side and store any leftovers in the fridge.