It’s been a while since I’ve shared recipe so I wanted to share one of my favorites as of late. With spring here and it starting to warm up outside I have been having salads on repeat and this Spring Salad with Lemon Chicken is by far one of my favorites! Loaded with chickpeas, spinach spring mix, pomegranates, Cara Cara oranges, avocado, shallots, herbs, dressing, and lemon chicken. It is also one my husband and kids will eat as well. I like to use store bought rotisserie chicken or left over chicken I have for a super easy meal! Salads are so fun because they are easy to tweak to your liking. I hope you like this one and feel free to make any changes based on what you have on hand or what you like. If you make this salad I would love to know what you think so please leave your comments below as I love reading them!
Spring Salad with Lemon Chicken
For the Salad:
- 1 lb. rotisserie chicken [I like to use store bought or leftover chicken for an easy meal]
- 2 cara cara oranges, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 avocado, cut into slices
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 2 cups spinach spring mix
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- a handful of chopped fresh herbs like parsley or mint
- sea salt
- lemon pepper
For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise or Greek yogurt
- 1–2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, or other grainy mustard
- salt, pepper, and/or honey to taste
- Tear chicken into bitesize pieces and sprinkle with salt + lemon pepper.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together.
- Toss all other salad ingredients, including chicken, together with the dressing! Season with additional salt and pepper and maybe a drizzle of good olive oil.